Monday, December 21, 2009

Mario Themed Onsies

I finally got a picture of one of the presents I made. It's actually two, but they're both for my cousin's baby.

I cross stitched the patterns onto the onsies using waste canvas on the back. I had been wanting to try the stuff for a long time, and this was a perfect opportunity to give it a shot. I am very pleased with the results! The waste canvas made it much easier to cross stitch the knit fabric. I never could have done this without it!

I used fusible interfacing on the back of the stitching to protect the stitches. I thought for a minute that I had ruined the mushroom one. When I ironed the interfacing onto the back, my wooden ironing board stained the onsie in a few places. I dabbed the spots with a little vinegar and rinsed with water. The spots came right out! I will now be making a cover for my mini ironing board, though. I don't want that happening again!

I can't take pics of the other gifts until Christmas, because I already wrapped them. But that's ok, I'll get pics of the recipients modeling them instead!