Saturday, April 7, 2012

Diaper Stacker and Mobile

Last week I finally finished making the diaper stacker and the mobile for baby Fletcher's crib! (I've already made bumper pads and posted about them here.) I'm really happy with the mobile, the diaper stacker is okay. It was more difficult to figure out than I expected, and it didn't come out perfect, but it's good enough. I don't usually settle for good enough when I make something, but I am just so glad to be done with it that good enough is fine. I might add a red bow to the top though. I think it would tie it in with the bumper pads better and give it a more finished look.

I used an old diaper stacker I was given as the pattern for this one, so I had to figure out how to put it back together on my own. I know how to do it now, but I have no reason to make another one. lol You can't see it in the picture, but I used the same fabric on the sides of the stacker as I used for the outside of the bumper pads and I used a navy blue fabric for the back and bottom. (The navy blue fabric I also used for some crib sheets, I didn't just randomly throw it in there.)

Here's the mobile hanging over the crib.



Here's a closeup of the robots, spaceship, and flying saucer.

I made these almost entirely by hand (something I don't do often) so they took a while. It was so rewarding to see them hung up!

I used the inside of a wooden embroidery hoop for the frame and just painted it silver. The pieces are attached to the hoop with thin chain and screw eyes, and I used heavier chain from the hardware to hang it all with.

Fletcher noticed it right away and even smiled at it. I'm so glad that he likes it, cause that's the whole point anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment